Business Writing Series
Before Hitting Send: How to Write Better Emails
Email has become the most common way to communicate. Are your emails getting the responses you want? Are people understanding and hearing what you are saying? Are you spending more time than you’d like writing and responding to emails rather than doing your job?
This workshop will help you craft more effective emails that get better results and save you and your recipient time and effort and stave off misunderstandings.
In this training session, participants will sharpen their ability to write clear and concise emails and other business correspondence to have greater impact. The focus of this workshop is on business writing basics: how to grab attention, get to the point quickly, use the right words, avoid grammatical mistakes and build writing confidence.
Participants will leave this interactive workshop with:
- An understanding of what and what not to put in an email
- Techniques for writing great subject lines
- Techniques to organize ideas to structure better emails
- Techniques for removing the clutter to write shorter
- Attention-grabbing tips and techniques
- Ways to write persuasively
- Using email to build loyalty
- Timing and frequency
- Grammar basics, including 25 Common Grammatical Errors and How to Avoid Them
- The 5 Things to Do Before Hitting Send
Competencies: Written communication
Level: Basic, aimed at employees whose jobs do not involve a lot of writing or require writing competence
Length: ½ day